Faculty of Health and Social Development
By Kristen Brooke on February 16, 2023
Technology and sustainability don’t always mix due to the fast pace of innovation, oftentimes leading to unnecessary technological waste. This was the problem UBC Okanagan faced after a decision to switch to a cloud-based iClicker system rather than physical remotes
By Patty Wellborn on October 26, 2022
New initiative is the next step to making communities more age-friendly
By Patty Wellborn on September 27, 2022
European Commission expands UBCO’s NavCARE to six countries
The post Made in Canada health-care initiative launches in Europe appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Viola Cohen on January 24, 2022
From international to community collaborations, partnerships are at the heart of Dr. Femke Hoekstra’s academic journey.
The post Dr. Femke Hoekstra collaborates across the continents appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Christine Zeindler on August 12, 2021
Paralympic athlete Rob Shaw hopes to ace another challenge
By Patty Wellborn on July 16, 2019
A group of international researchers went to great heights to better understand how high altitude affects both newcomers and Indigenous populations.
The post Global research expedition begins release of 15 major studies appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
By Nathan Skolski on September 26, 2018
The Sherpa people of the Himalayas have long been recognized for their unique ability to excel physically in the thin air of higher altitudes. But new research from UBC’s Okanagan campus, published this week in the Journal of Physiology, now suggests that their specially adapted muscles give them up to twice the resistance to muscle fatigue of lowlanders.
The post Lowlanders are no match for Nepal’s Sherpa, says UBC Okanagan study appeared first on UBC Okanagan News.
- Alumni (1)
- Biology (1)
- College of Graduate Studies (3)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal (Office of the) (1)
- Earth, Environmental and Geographic Sciences (1)
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science (1)
- Exchange (1)
- Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies (5)
- Faculty of Health and Social Development (7)
- Faculty of Management (4)
- History and Sociology (1)
- In the Field (2)
- International Funding (1)
- International Partnerships (3)
- International Research (1)
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (2)
- Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science (4)
- Media Advisory (2)
- Media Q&A (5)
- Media Release (7)
- Okanagan School of Education (3)
- People (2)
- Profile (5)
- Provost and Vice-President Academic (Office of the) (3)
- School of Engineering (1)
- School of Health and Exercise Sciences (5)
- School of Nursing (2)
- SMP News (1)
- Southern Medical Program (1)
- Sustainability (1)
- Uncategorized (1)